Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sarapiquí

This weekend, IFSA-Butler took the study abroad group to Sarapiquí for a little bit of everything.  We went white-water rafting, had a chocolate (cacao) tour, bat info session, and community service trip.  I have to say that my favorite parts were the bat presentation and meeting kids at the school.
Melany, Tanya y Nigel

Abe plantin' a tree.

The roof painting crew.

A BAT!!!!!  Honestly, they're now my favorite animal... look how CUTE its ears are!

Anna y Kayley son futboliiiiissstas.

Cacao tour... I must admit I tried a little.

The whole school together with the IFSA crew.

 It's amazing how you can meet kids from a part of the country you never thought you'd pass by and  who leave the most genuine stamp on your heart.  I traded bracelets and got a letter and even got a signature from a girl who's totally going to be a future model (check out the rest of the photos on facebook when they're up).  I had a ton of similar music interests with a twelve-year-old girl named Melany (we both like Paramore and Nick Jonas)... music globalization.

Sorry for random,
Iva

2 comments:

  1. cool pics ivana!!! love, benannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Si uno no esta donde el cuerpo,
    sino donde mas lo extraan
    Y aqui se te extraa tanto

    ReplyDelete