Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

New York, New York

I have way to many stories to tell from just this one weekend, so bare with me as my mind runs from topic to topic.

Background info: I went to NY to visit some family for the weekend.

Now on to the weekend events:
First of all, I sat next to someone named Brad on my way to ATL from San Jose for my connection flight to NY.  I knew we´d get along fine when I sat down and he said -welcome to row 38- haha.  THEN on my flight to NY, I sat next to a dude writing in Hebrew, so I had to get that conversation going because I was way to curious (and obviously nosy).  He was heading back to Israel and had one day in NY before his flight home.  He had been working in NC for some secret stuff that he couldnt tell me.  But anyways, he educated me on the Isreali and Palestinian conflict (which I honestly only know very little about, and most of it is from just the news side of things).  And, wow, he was very patient with my ignorance and completely opened my eyes to the dangers and conflict present right now and of the past.  Anyways, after we said our goodbyes and I met up with my family and was SOOO happy to see them.  But the next day, after seeing the view from the Empire State Building, my bro, Josh, and my mom and I RAAAANNNN to the financial district to try and pick up my other bros on time from camp.  We were desperately trying to catch a taxi, and on our way, I SAW AMIT (the Israeli from the flight to NY)!!!!!!!  I couldnt believe it! I was so speechless (literally) all I could say was -sorry, i gotta run!- but yeah NY is a small place but with LOTS of streets and LOTS of people and LOTS of buildings to be in. AND, the next block is when my mom finally caught a taxi, any earlier and I would have missed him!!! Strange how perfectly timed things can be.

I saw SISTER ACT and MEMPHIS while I was there and both were great, but I have to say MEMPHIS was absolutely incredible amazing so so so good.  Huey was played by the understudy and I wouldnt have wanted it any other way, I checked out the other guy on youtube and the guy who sang at our show deffffiiinitely fit the part better in my opinion (though they both obviously sing GREAT!).

I also did touristy stuff like see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island!

So before I actually went to NY, I had my hair braided with corn rows and surprised my family... I think they got used to it by the end of the trip :)  But when I first saw Josh, he pulled the braids thinking they were fake. OUUUUUCHHHH.

Alrighty, theres the update I´ve been looking so forward to posting!!!  Heres a photo you probably already saw of my bros and I at the Statue of Liberty

That´s all folks,
Ivana

No comments:

Post a Comment