Bolivia photos continued:
...
Juliana and Martin helped us make it to the top of the mountain on the Sun Island, the highest altitude I reached on the trip.
The Island was so teeny, yet they had an abundance of crops.
What's a trip without a random photo of a little kid minding his own business.
On my way to the sunset on the top of the mountain on the island, I was somewhat affected by the altitude. At this point, we're almost 12,000 feet high and needless to say running up to catch up with the others was a bad idea...
Although I made it in time to watch the sunset, I had to take a break along the way to wear an oxygen mask and have people stare at me like the crazy tourist I am. This made me laugh, making breathing more difficult haha, but I was totally fine a few minutes later all thanks to this guy...
...He's the one who ran up to me with the oxygen tank and mask... what a superhero!
A friend pointed out that the hills closest in this shot above look like a big animal's claws... I'll let you decide :)
The Lake in the morning...
FYI: The lake is between Bolivia and Peru... These shots are from the Bolivian side, obviously, but just thought I'd give you a heads up that in less than a year from now, I will hopefully have shots from the Peruvian side as well!
-Iva



Hey Ivana, found your blog via Facebook. Glad I ran across it. I can't wait to see more of your beautiful pictures and adventures. Love, your big sis Lucy!
ReplyDeleteThanks sis!!! Love you!
ReplyDelete-Ivana
Iva !!!! Love this! Your photos and descriptions are beautiful.
ReplyDelete