We're here and it's wonderful! In just a few days, I've seen and done so much! We're taking it easy though, of course, to avoid getting altitude sickness, but so far so good! MaPi and I saw a carnival dance festival (it had a Mario Party theme!) at a German school, slept, watched Thor in Spanish (was hard to take the movie seriously with dubbing, I don't know why), met up with some of MaPi's friends and have met some of her HUGE family, went to the highest altitude golf course in the world, and have been eating amazing food (Bread, cheese, more bread, and a cool fruit that look like a big green bean-
MaPi and her AMAZING family are trying to make sure I don't get sick from any foods so I'm exploring foods little by little). Her family has been so hospitable and I feel right at home. Three things I didn't expect about Bolivia: 1) It's NOTHING like Central America 2) In La Paz, people don't roll the 'r', 3) It's winter, we're in the mountains, and when the sun's been out for a while, it's HOT, not like the cold that I expected from weather.com...
Alrighty, so on to pictures!
-Iva
the fruit- is it a feijoa? i remember it was green and my favorite when I visited Bogotá, the second highest capital in the world :)
ReplyDeleteit's so beautiful there! I'm glad you're having a great time!!
ReplyDeleteIvana! Me alegro mucho de saber que las cosas van bien por ahí y que estás disfrutando de tu viaje :D
ReplyDeleteTu blog está muy bien, me gustó leer un poquito de lo que andas haciendo
Mucha suerte con todo,
Besos =)
Ah Ivana! This is wonderful! It sounds like you're having a great time. I am so jealous. I just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and your wonderful adventures and wishing I was there experiencing all of this amazing stuff with you. Keep posting with lots and lots of details as I am living through you (food info is my favorite... hint. hint).
ReplyDeleteI love and miss you as always. Enjoy your time abroad! We will all be thinking of you!
Alexis: It was called something a little different but maybe they're related? I didn't know you've been to Bogota! How cool!
ReplyDeleteRubens: beijo e abraco
SaWah: I would have taken you fruit if it weren't illegal... and I can't get away with anything... I have an airport story I can't wait to post about. Miss you...