So on saturday morning, the 5th of November, we showed up at the house and my mom was so confused and looked like she didn't even recognize us! A second later she was talking in a high pitched voice, the way she does when she gets oooober excited, so CUTE. Dad was the only person at home who knew besides my sisters... I was so glad we pulled it off!
We spent the day working together as a family (bros, sisters and all) at a booth in Mizner Park for the Wayland Living Green Festival. My sister, Hannah, had a booth for ESP (Essential Safe Products) and we worked to sell some product and educate people on the risks of plastics and chemicals that leach into water and foods that are contained unsafely.
At night, we ate dinner as a family, my favorite part... and the next morning, on her actual birthday, my mom drove me to the airport. I didn't have much sleep the whole weekend, but for some reason, it didn't hit me due to the high of having travelled so much in a couple of days and having had the whole day with my family and keeping busy with birthday plans.
Enjoy the photos! Descriptions of the shots are below the photos, as always :P
The sunset was visible on the way to MIA, I realized/caught it just in time!
I love this camera and iPhoto enhancing!!! You can see the skyscrapers and even a lil star below the cloud above Miami.
Sarah... I think Isaac took this photo.
Part of the fam.
Ben and Hani.
Almost everyone.
Birthday girl.
Wayland Living Green Festival Mural... I don't know how the mural was made... but I saw kids adding touch-ups and sea animal details.
Mom and I were waiting outside of the Starbucks bathrooms taking photos on her iphone when we realized there wasn't actually anyone in the bathrooms... by then, the line for the bathroom had gotten pretty long... how embarrassing!
Handsoooooooome.
So there was a brief summary of my SUPER quick trip home! I'll see everyone again, si Dios quiere, by December!
Making the best of the little time I have left in Costa Rica,
Iva


what a beautiful family Iva!! I'm so glad you were able to see them, especially for your mom's birthday :)
ReplyDeletegirl, I miss you and cannot wait to see you in a few weeks!!
lovelovelove,
ash-a-dash
Thanks girl, and thanks for the comment... I really hope I get to see you all soon too!
ReplyDeleteloveloveLOOOOVEEE you.