Here's some photos...
On the Black Pearl
I LOVE the tour of the University of Costa Rica
And now for a story. For Volcán Poás, we arrived and it was CLOUDY, COMPLETELY CLOUDY! We couldn't see a thing at the crater sight and it was as if we were floating in complete whiteness. We decided to hike up to see the lake, and, of course, it was cloudy too... so after descending and turning back towards the café, one of our friends saw a detour that looked adventurous. We went up a little and saw a sign of who knows how many meters, I didn't pay attention because I'm not familiar with the measuring system. I lagged behind the group and made it up the side of the mountain 45 minutes later... and sure enough, we ended up at the same lake viewing spot as before. Luckily, this time, there was a gorgeous view that made it worth it. I ran my way down the hill and saw the crater sight once again. This time, the clouds cleared after waiting a bit, and quickly got foggy again. I was lucky enough to get a quick shot... it takes to long to load them here, but you're welcome to check out facebook :) Things are going pretty well with my host family... I think my host mom is slowly letting me make my way into the family... and she her cooking is phenomenal. My classes are alright... we'll see by the end of next week when I'm done with add/drop!
Iva

No comments:
Post a Comment